Friday, March 18, 2016

An Unexpected Day Off

As a nurse I usually work Monday-Friday so I rarely have a Friday off, but today was an unexpected gift of being flexed off work due to low census!!  So what do I do?
QUILT OF COURSE.

I'm loading a split 9-patch variation that mom pieced into my frame to quilt.  I spent the morning cleaning my long arm table and rails, cleaning my machine and giving her a good oiling.  Warmed her up then loaded the quilt to get started.  This maintenance takes times but it pays off in a smooth running machine.  "Sweetpea" loves her maintenance and rewards me with some great quilting.  This is a top that I will be using in a lecture I will be giving later in the year.  


Just being in my studio is uplifting.  I have some music playing and all is well!

Happy Quilting,
Shelia

No comments: