Thursday, May 13, 2021

Escape From Reality..........

the View From My Scrappy Mind!

My newest lecture and trunk show happened last night at Nimble Thimbles Quilt Guild in Mauldin, South Carolina.  It was great to get to speak to the 47 members and 2 visitors about using scraps in your quilts and systems used for storing and sorting scraps of fabric.

 Our world is a crazy place right now and quilting has always been my refuge from the stress of everyday life.  As a nurse for 33 years, I deal with life and death on an ongoing basis so having a way to escape from that stress is essential to my sanity.  My quilt studio is that escape.  Being able to go into the studio and immerse myself in fabric, patterns, and projects is a true blessing.  Do you have an hobby that you too can escape from the daily stress of life?

I always enjoy getting to speak to quilters about my love of the process of making a quilt.  I believe everyone should quilt!  

As Jenny Doan says, A quilt is such a precious gift.  It represents so much time and care.  When you wrap up in a quilt that has been made just for you, it is as if each stitch is there to remind you that you are loved!  I hope you have many opportunities to experience the magic of giving and receiving such a precious handmade gift.


Recently my cousin Brad who is having health issues asked me if I could make him a Clemson Tigers quilt, as he is a huge fan.  I was able to make him his quilt and get it to him.  His joy in receiving it was priceless.  I know that when he is wrapped in his quilt he knows he is loved.


I used a hand guided Puppy Paws panto by Jessica Schick which I ordered from Urban Elementz for the quilting.  I also used a variegated thread for the quilting.  It turned out great!

Another day in the life of this quilter.  

Happy Quilting,
Shelia


2 comments:

Frog Quilter said...

Beautiful quilt and quilting. Giving quilts are one of the best things you can do for your heart ❤️.

roshni-mishra said...

I have seen that every person wants to express all his feelings as much as possible but he is not able to express his feelings properly in words but the content you have written in your post and you have expressed words is very beautiful. Well, you seem to have expressed your feelings. Hi, you are a very beautiful post writer, similarly keep writing new posts in your life, our best wishes are with you. college girls in gurugram
Butey girl agency
vip girl gurgaon
Busty Girls in DLF Phase 3
Low Price girl gurugram
cheap Girls In Gurugram
Modal Girls in Baga Beach
Hostel girl gurugram
Gurugram vip girl