Saturday, August 28, 2010

Pillowcase Assembly Line

My friend Suzanne came over today for Roger to work on her truck.  Mom also came over so we decided to cut out some pillowcases.

This is part of our work from just a few hours this afternoon.  We were able to cut out 45 pillowcases!  We pulled fabrics from my stash, some mom brought and Suzanne brought fabric also.  It was such fun putting these together.  I found fabric in my stash that I forgot I had.  Suzanne had taken a class with Kay England this week and Kay said that we all needed to hull our stashes and use it for charity quilts and charity projects.  That's exactly what we did today.  I'm sure I still have a lot of fabric stashed that will look great as pillowcases for the kids at Shriner's.  I can't wait until we see the excitement in the eyes of those kids when they pull their very own pillowcase from the Christmas Stocking.  We pulled fabric for little boys, little girls and some beautiful one's for the older kids also.  Since Shriner's Hospital serves children until they are 18 years old, we picked some fabric that the teenagers would enjoy also.  We are all blessed with such abundant stashes of fabric, and how wonderful it is to share that blessing.

Inside each folded pillowcase body is the accent and cuff piece.  They are ready to be sewn.  Suzanne took some home with her to sew, mom took some and I kept some to finish.

It is hard to believe that we were able to put this many kits together so quickly.  Thanks Mom & Suzanne for all the work and fun of putting these together.  I am blessed to have such wonderful friends and family.

Happy Quilting,
Shelia

No comments: