Thursday, August 22, 2013

Get Your Ms. Claus On Project Delivery


My friend Debbie over at stitchintherapy has a project going each year to make baby doll quilts for the wood workers guild.  They build doll cradles, carriages etc. and quilters make the doll quilts.  These are given out to children at Christmas time.  What a wonderful project this is. 
I had some scraps left from making a brown and pink quilt and decided to make up some of the doll quilts.  It took very little time to get them made.   When I loaded my brown & pink quilt into the longarm I allowed extra fabric to quilt these three quilts.  I just free motion quilted each of them.  They measure 14-inches x 18-inches.
Loading extra fabric and batting has always been a trick that I used to get smaller projects quilted.  You can also add pieces on the side to quilt for zipper bags and projects to be used for silent auctions or boutique at the quilt show.
 


Since Roger is always wanting an excuse to ride in the 55 he agreed to go with me to deliver these to Debbie.  I think he just wanted to drive around in the car.....but I do believe that Debbie's husband Old Sir also enjoyed the visit.

Happy Quilting,
Shelia

No comments: