Monday, July 26, 2010

In Memorium

Today I lost a dear friend of 16 years.  Antoinette Ruff Johnson.  She lost her battle with cancer today.  I shall always remember her undying devotion to her God, her family, her staff and friends but most of all her beautiful smile. 
Antoinette was always one of the most positive people I have ever known.  She never had a unkind thing to say about anyone, no matter what.  She and I shared the same favorite verse:
Proverbs 3:5-6  Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not unto thine own understandings.  In all thy ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thy paths.
Today she is at peace and enjoying the reward of her labors here on earth. 
I am proud to call her my friend!
Antoinette you will be greatly missed by all those who loved you. 
Antoinette and I worked together as nurses and managers for almost 16 years.  Her dedication to her patients and staff was unwavering.  What a blessing that this week her oldest daughter Madeline sat for her nursing boards, "following in mom's footsteps".  How wonderful that she was still here to see her daughter fulfill this dream.  I know she will also be a wonderful, caring nurse.
The picture above was taken a few days after Antoinette was diagnosed with cancer.  The smile never left her face.  She knew and would tell everyone that God was in control of the outcome and she would trust him and follow his will. 

This picture is of Antoinette and me with a group of my Arbonne team when I was receiving my New mercedes .  Antoinette was the person who introduced me to Arbonne and in the process changed my life.  What a wonderful loving friend.
Thanks Antoinette for the many gifts that you've shared with everyone but most of all for giving me the gift of your friendship.  You will forever be in my HEART!
On November 20, 2004 Antoinette and Jim asked me as a Notary if I would honor them by Marrying them.  What an honor for me.  Jim and Antoinette had 5 1/2 years together.  They had been high school sweethearts who had each gone their separate ways and had found each other again many years later.  I was blessed to be part of that special day.
Be mindful each day of the people in your life who are special.  Don't forget to tell those you love home much they mean to you. 
Many Blessings,
Shelia

  

3 comments:

julieQ said...

I am so sorry for your loss...and the loss for the nursing community. What a lovely person...I know you will miss her so much.

Shelia said...

Thanks Julie, Antoinette was truly one of a kind and I will truly miss her as a special friend.

Kimberley Fendley Cummings said...

I can be thankful that I had my friend for two decades. I met Antoinette at Easley Baptist in the late 80's when I was just finishing my ADN. I did not know it then, but she was going to touch my life in a special way. She never failed me. She was truely a Saint on earth. She was a teacher by example on what we all should aspire to be. She was just the best. She always said we were sisters because she was born one day ahead of me on November 22, 1957. But she was more than a sister to me. I am not sure that she knew how much I lived her, but maybe she knows now. See you in the eternal life, my sister, my BFF.