Saturday, September 11, 2010

Quilters of South Carolina Challenge

Our state Quilt Guild, Quilters of South Carolina, has a challenge each year.  This year the President's Quilt Challenge Theme is Menopause.  Boy do I know that one!!!!
I spent yesterday working on my entry.  It has to be 9" x 12".  Each year these entries tour the state as exhibits.  Last year's Give Me Your Heart challenge quilts are still touring and are booked all the way into February.  Below is my entry and mom's entry from last year.  The theme was women's heart health.
My entry represented that 1 in 3 women will experience some type of heart disease in her lifetime.  The big heart in the center represents a heart who has had to have surgical repair.  I used sead beeds and bugle beeds to represent staples.
Mom's entry below represents that a loving heart is an essential of life.
Hope you have a great day quilting.  I'm off to work.
Shelia

No comments: