Sunday, March 27, 2011

I Am So Ready For Spring!

It has been raining here for two days and I am so ready for spring to get here.  Speaking of spring, look what greeted me this morning in my flower garden.  These beautiful purple tulips.  These were one of the table decorations at my 50th birthday party last year.  Roger and I planted the table decorations and the flowers that I received as gifts that day.  I see some of the other lilly's also bursting through.  I can't wait to see them.
 
 Friday night was bee night. We met at Suzanne's house this week. Below is Deb looking at some scrap quilt patterns. Deb also brought several bags of scraps that she had cleaned out of her studio for us to go through and drool over. You guessed it......me, Sue, Suzanne and Susan all on the floor going through someone else's scraps. What a bunch of girls!! We each came home with some new scraps to add to our stash. Thanks Deb for sharing.


 Below is Sue who spent the evening cutting out 2 1/2 inch strips for a new scrap quilt project she is about to start. She was able to cut out some of the new scraps and add into her strip pile.

 Here is Susan, me and Suzanne piecing away on our different projects. Susan was piecing blocks for her New Year's resolution challenge, I am piecing on my secret project and Suzanne is piecing on her Blueberry Challenge. We had a great night and laughed so much. What an awesome stress reliever bee is.



I hope to get all of the blocks finished this weekend for the secret project so I can put borders on and get it into the frame this week. Suzanne has pieced a ton of blocks for me on this project. Thanks Suzanne for all of the help. It is going to be gorgeous.


Better get back to piecing as time is limited.
Happy Quilting,

Shelia

No comments: