Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Ode To My Wife The Quilter

Today I have been cleaning out some drawers in my utility room and found this poem that I had saved from years ago.
 
 
Ode To My Wife The Quilter
-an adaptation of a poem written by Molly Perry-
 
She learned to quilt on Monday,
Her stitches were very fine,
She forgot to thaw out dinner,
so we went out to dine.
 
She quilted miniatures on Tuesday.
She says they are a must.
They really were quite lovely,
But she forgot to dust.
 
On Wednesday it was a sampler,
She says the stippling's fun.
What highlights!  What shadows!
But the laundry wasn't done.
 
Her patches were on Thursday,
Green, yellow, blue and red.
I guess she really was engrossed,
She never made the bed.
 
It was wall hangings on Friday,
In colors she adores.
It never bothered her at all,
The crumbs on all the floors.
 
I found a maid on Saturday,
My week is now complete.
My wife can quilt the hours away
The house will still be neat.
 
Well..........it's already Sunday,
I think I'm about to wilt,
I cursed, I raved, I ranted,
The MAID has learned to QUILT!
 
 
Happy quilting,
Shelia

3 comments:

Mary said...

That's a great poem, and the spool quilt is pretty neat too. I love how different the spools are and modern looking.

Quilting Tangent said...

Cute poem.

Unknown said...

Very funny poem, but so true as well. Thanks for sharing!