Friday, April 1, 2011

Giving Up Quilting

That is a BIG OLE APRIL FOOL'S!!
If you know me, you know that isn't happening!!  Just wanted to check your reflexes.  Ha Ha!

Actually one of my things to get done today was placing in my scrap stash all of the little pieces that were left from doing the Secret quilt.  I use Bonnie Hunter's scrap saver system.  You can read about it here on Bonnie's website.  http://quiltville.com/scrapusersystem.shtml .  It is a great way to tame all of those smaller sections left after cutting out pieces for a quilt.  I usually finish a piece of fabric into the sections as I finish cutting out a quilt.  That way I don't have to re-press the fabric to cut into scrap sizes.

Below is a picture of the front side of my quilting table and the bins holding my scrap stash.  Each of the bins is labeled with the size of squares, strips etc., that it holds.  With the pieces already cut it is a great time saver when you are in need of making blocks, borders quickly.  I used pink & white scraps from the 3 1/2 x 6 1/2 inch bin to make the border on the secret quilt.  It worked out great, and boy was it fast.  You'll see it when I post the pictures of the quilt on Sunday.  You'll have to overlook the messy table top as this is where I am cutting the new additions to the bins.   (and like you haven't seen a messy quilt table top before....hahaha).
Got tons to do so I'll say.....Happy Quilting for now.  Don't forget to check out Bonnie's website.  She has tons of patterns using her scrap saving system and they are free.  So go ahead........tame that scrap bag.
Shelia

No comments: