Friday, April 1, 2011

Happy Birthday To Me!

Yesterday was another great birthday.  I was thinking about sleeping in for the morning but Roger, who has trouble keeping a secret from me very long, wanted to give me my present at breakfast.  So he awakened me to have coffee with him before he went to work.  He and my cat whiskers were waiting for me to enter the dinning room and see a huge present on the table.  I think whiskers was just as excited as I was to open the box.
Below is my present, already in it's place on our bed.  Roger had purchased me quilt which I had seen and loved.  A friend who's wife, who loved and collected quilts, had passed away many years ago had been cleaning out closets and chests.  He and his children had all picked quilts that they wanted to keep and he was selling the others.  Each child had already picked 8 quilts each.......they have 6 children.......and this was one of the ones that were left.......wouldn't you have loved to see all of the one's that were already picked.
The stars have a flower appliqued in the middle.  I just love it.  The drop has elongated triangles and scalloped edges.  And wonderful hand quilting.  My bed is queen size and it goes to about an inch off the floor.
Wow, I think I have some of that fabric in my stash from years ago...
Roger took me to P. F. Changs for supper last night.  We had never eaten there before and it was great.


We had the P. F. Chang's for Two.  We each had a bowl of Egg Drop Soup.  Everyone is always talking about the lettuce wraps, so we had Chang's Chicken Lettuce Wraps for our starter.  Yum Yum.  For my entree I had Mongolian Beef, it was wonderful.  Such great flavor and steamed white rice.  Roger had Sweet & Sour Chicken with steamed white rice.  We shared both and they were delicious.
Then, if you weren't already stuffed enough, you get to pick a mini dessert.  I had the red velvet cake and Roger had the chocolate cake.  Both came in square shot glasses......which you thought....what is this, but believe me it was enough and delicious.
Another wonderful day with my hubbie.
Tomorrow the bee girls are coming over to sew.  I hopw to get the binding sewn down on the Secret Project.  Hope you have a great day quilting.
Shelia

No comments: