Saturday, January 23, 2010

Working on My Bee Challenge

I have a few hours this morning to work on my Bee Challenge. I have gotten the leaves made for the applique flowers.

I used some 2 1/2 inch strips and some varigated width of fabric that I had in my stash. (I knew that shaded fabric would come in handy someday).
The green lying under the container with leaves in it is the shaded piece of green. The width of fabric goes from light green to dark green. A great stash fabric for doing applique.

Now to work on some of the flowers. I've cut out the pieces for 6 flowers and I am thinking about the red fabric that the leaves are lying on as one shade of the flower. Some of the strips lying in the top photo are some of the other colors I plan to use to shade the flower petals.

As you can see there are some TINY pieces to this flower!! I've done hand applique before but this method of hand applique by machine is different for me. Now to look through my stash for some more values of pink, red and burgundy fabric to use. Not sure yet what other color flowers I'm going to make.

Better get back to work.

Happy Quilting,

Shelia

No comments: