Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Time To Move On

This month has totally been a blurr with dad's illness and death.  But God provides for us a time to heal.  Now it is time to move through that healing process and continue with our life. 

Today I plan to do some piecing with mom.  Funny how the hum of that needle moving up and down into fabric is so peaceful.  How making something out of small pieces of fabric can bring a smile to your face.  I'm pinning pieces together for mom on her Orca Bay mystery quilt from Bonnie Hunter.  She was in the process of piecing this when dad became sick.  The fabrics are so diverse and beautiful.  The pieces soooooo small.  I bet this one will have around 4,000 pieces also when it is finished. 

More quilting to come in the next few days as we work through some pain.  Roger and Roger Jr. are going to the Martinsville race this weekend and Saturday is my birthday and I plan on spending it quilting.  My bee girls are coming over on Friday evening to sew so there should be some laughs in store.  These girls have been a wonderful comfort and support to mom and I during this hard time.

Happy quilting,
Shelia

2 comments:

barbara woods said...

it takes time just stay busy that helps

Shelia said...

Yes I agree, all things come with time. I am just trying to keep my mind focused on things that need to get done. Thanks for all the prayers and encouragement.