Thursday, January 27, 2011

Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not unto thine own understandings.  In all thy ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thy paths.

This has been a very stressful week for me and I have repeated my favorite verse hundreds of times each day. 

My mom who has been battling pneumonia for the past 10 days and is finally doing better.  She sounded so much better last night.  Maybe we can get her out of the house this weekend for some fresh air......or at least to see the outside again.

My brother who had a third heart attack Saturday is home at my house and is doing better.  His heart cath was not good so we are now on medical management.  His three bypass grafts have reoccluded, his stents have occluded and there is no additional surgery or interventions that can be done.  At age 55 he has a terrible heart.  So most of this week has been spent taking care of him and trying to find a way to provide $600 per month of medications for him.  If he can be compliant with his meds, not smoke and keeps moving he may get a few more years.  

My precious uncle Don who is battling kidney cancer is not doing well and may only have a few days left here with us.  He is one of the most godly men that I know and he has always been a special inspiration to me in my life.  God grant him a special journey.  Well done my good and faithful servent!

Next my sweet husband is having dental surgery tomorrow so we will be a little goofy when my bee girls come tomorrow night.  Boy do I need some stress relief.  Roger is such a rock to me in these times.  Isn't it amazing how God places special people in your life to help you through tough times.

Enough of the stressful stuff.....let's find some time to do some quilting.  Thank you Lord for the ability to take the small pieces of our life and blend them together into a beautiful memory of every special moment.  Quilting is good for the soul.

Many blessings,
Shelia 

2 comments:

Impera Magna said...

Prayers for you and your family!

julieQ said...

Blessings to you too...sounds like you have your hands full!!