Sunday, January 9, 2011

Sunday Quilting

This has been another busy week.  I worked 60 hours this week, so I was pretty tired this moring.  My sweet husband said that he wanted me to quilt some today to relax.  What a honey!!  Since we were going to watch the playoff games I decided to set up a table in the living room and sewing on my string blocks for the Roll Roll Cotton Boll mystery quilt.  I still have 18 more to get pieced.  Bonnie is sure working us hard for this challenge.  Here is a box of the pieces I've been sewing on for the blocks.
Below are pictures of the final 18 of my string pieced blocks. I just finished them while watching the first playoff game.  WOW, I sure am glad to have them finished.  Now I need to trim these up to 8 1/2 inch blocks.














Then in Bonnie's instructions we are now going to cut them into half and sew them 4 together to make a new string pieced block. 
The new blocks will have four of the cut triangle string blocks sewn together like below.  We have to piece 20 of these new blocks that will be 11-inches square.  The remaining triangle string blocks will be used for setting triangles.
Boy this is really going to be a beautiful quilt when it is finished. I can't believe all of the small piecing we are doing for this full size bed quilt.

Mom is still piecing right along and is currently working on her string pieced blocks.  We had to piece 60  8-1/2 inch string blocks for part of this quilt.

It is suppose to be a huge winter storm tonight.  They are predicting 5-6 inches of snow after midnight tonight.  It will be interesting getting to work in the morning.  My cat Whiskers must have gotten the word from the weatherman because he has settled in for a long winter's nap out of the sun porch.

Hope you have a great day quilting,
Shelia

No comments: