Monday, January 3, 2011

New Years Eve 2010

We are in Florida at Roger's Mom's house.  It is a beautiful 70 degrees here.  Since mom and I are working on the mystery quilt I decided to bring my machine and pieces with me.  I have been able to spend a few hours here and there piecing.  How wonderful to have a tranquil setting to piece away some stress.

I was able to get 42 of the string pieced blocks pieced, all of the 600 quarter square triangles pieced, the half square triangles pieced and the strips pieced that I need to cut into 4 twosies.  WOW!!  All while watching TV and visiting with family.  So glad I took my machine.

The weather was gorgeous as you can see throught the trees. 
Look at the beautiful sun rays pouring through the live oak trees.  Wonderful.  When we left Greenville there was ice still on the ground from the snow we had Christmas Day.  What a difference 500 miles makes. 
We hope that you have a wonderful new year full of special moments you will always treasure.
Happy Quilting,
Shelia

No comments: