Monday, June 27, 2011

More Sunday Fun

Mom and dad came up today so mom and I did some sewing while dad and Roger watched the race and barrett jackson auto auction.
Mom's quilt is quilted so we squared up the top and below is me setting up my machine so mom could sew on the binding.
 And here is mom holding her quilt with the binding sewn, hanging sleeve and label ready for the final handwork of whipping it down.
 After mom got her binding on I decided to work some on the corn and beans quilt.  The blocks are so pretty.  The same backgroud cream/yellow with a tiny rose print, the same green used in each block in the inner big hourglass block and the outer half square triangles in each block were varied medium to dark greens.  They all play so well together.

Below is a picture after I got the inner 24 blocks sewn together.  I sewed them 4 x 6 then added a green 2 1/2 inch border to all sides.  It's going to be a really pretty quilt.
Then I had to decide on a border to do......looked at a  lot of border pictures and decided to do the rectangle with a triangle corner.  Not sure what it's called but it will look great as the outer border.....I think.  I had just enough of the backgroud, as the secret sister had to include one yard of matching or coordinating fabric, and Ruth game me a yard of the background fabric.  I had only the thin edge of squaring up cut left....whew!  For the green triangles I am pulling medium and dark green fabric from my stash and 2 1/2 inch squares and strips.  I needed 108 squares and rectangles to complete the four border sides.  I am going to do 4 corner stones (not sure what yet) when I get the borders done.
 All of my pieces are now cut and stacked for each border so now to some chain piecing to get these borders completed.
Until next time, hoping to get this border done this week and onto the quilt............cornerstones, cornerstones???
Happy Quilting,
Shelia

No comments: