Monday, July 25, 2011

Guild Challenge Progress

Friday night I was not going to do the challenge, then while sleeping I awoke Saturday with an idea that I just had to do.
Sue and Suzanne came over Saturday to work on a quilt for a friend who has cancer so I had started cutting out pieces for my challenge.
Sunday afternoon I started piecing the quilt on my featherweight while Roger and I watched a movie.
Look how much I got pieced while watching the movie.  This really is coming together fast.
A close up below of some of the fabrics.  I am using yellow and browns for the braids and blacks for the stones.  I think it is going to be gorgeous. 

This morning at 8 a.m I met with my trainer Heather again.  I have just gotten the soreness worked out of my muscles from Friday.  Oh boy did she work me hard today.  But I am truly feeling better so I plan to keep this up.  Next torture....oh I mean workout is Thursday morning at 8 a.m.
I'm cutting out some more yellows, browns and blacks for the quilt.  It is going to take a lot of pieces to get it to queen size, but I think it will be wonderful.  I have to get this done and quilted before our guild meeting in September  So I better keep enough pieces cut and by the machine so I can keep piecing at night.
Hope you have a quilty day,
Shelia

No comments: