Sunday, July 17, 2011

O.K. Enough Is Enough!!

July 13th---I'm backing up a little.  Today I had my blood work, blood pressure, height and weight done for my work insurance.  Yes I was a little hesitant about having it done because I knew that I was overweight.  Some good news and some bad news.  I'm sharing this because I need to make sure that I am accountable for my actions and goals to make this better.

Height:  I'm now 5 foot 1 inch tall, which means I've lost an inch in height....grrrrrrrrr.  Like I had some height to spare.
Weight:  GRRRRRRR!!!!  207 pounds.  I've never weighed this much in my entire life.  And I am not happy about that.
Percent Body Fat:  44.8%  GRRRRR!!
BMI:  38.9%    GRRR Again!!  Although I do not feel like I am in the morbidly obese section, I am.  Now that is a wake up call.
Blood Pressure:  126/83   is within the normal range, but heading diastolic toward high blood pressure.
Total Cholesterol:  232   They want this number to be under 200, but my other cholesterol and ratio are very good, so they are not concerned about this number........YooWhoo.
HDL Cholesterol:  (the good stuff)  60  They want this number to be at least 40.  So I am great in this category.
Total/HDL Ratio:  The ratio of my total cholesterol 232 and my good HDL cholesterol 60 which is 3.9%.  They want this number to be less than 5.  So I am great in that category also.  YIPPIE!!
Blood Sugar:  92......fasting since I had not had time to eat yet......and of course they want that less than 100 when fasting.  O.K. here too.

Now with all that said.........I need to lose weight and get myself in better shape.......and I knew that, it didn't take some skinny 20 year old giving me my numbers and telling me what I needed to do....hahahahaha.  But it was the wakeup call that I needed.

So here is my new plan and goals:
1.  http://www.weightwatchers.com/index.aspx  I joined weight watchers today.  And I am going to do the meetings, not online.  I need the accountability of going to the meeting and weighing in on their scale.

2.  Coops Health and Fitness  Roger and I joined coop's gym and I have a personal trainer for a while to get me into a routine of exercise.

3.  My first goal is to lose 20 pounds.  Then I will set another goal and an ultimate weight loss number.  But first things first.

Now it has been 5 days since I started my new goals and I am already feeling better.  Can't wait to weigh in this week and see how I am doing.  I worked out at the gym Friday morning for 30 minutes on the treadmill and Saturday morning 30 minutes on the treadmill.  I have my first 1 hour session with the trainer Monday afternoon and I am sure I will be tired after that.

Haven't had time this weekend to quilt with work and family, but this week hopefully I will be working on the kaleidoscope quilt again.
Happy quilting,
Shelia

No comments: