Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Thread, Thread, Thread

 Fabric and thread are one of the quilter's most favorite things.  And since receiving my Connecting Threads catalog I have been drooling over some of the newest thread colors.  They even put them into groups.  I am contemplating ordering some of them for my birthday....hehe.

I have the Pat Sloan classes coming up in a couple of weeks and we will be doing applique......so of course I need to add to my thread collection. (sounds like a good enough excuse to me to order some more thread).  Now  NO laughing allowed from my bee girls who have seen my thread collection already.  I know I don't "Need" any new thread, but just like that special piece of fabric we all want, how can you turn down these lucious colors of thread?

Update on Dad:
We got dad moved to NHC for rehab late yesterday evening.  Hopefully with 1-2 weeks of rehab we can get him back on his feet and moving again.  Pray that we keep him drinking enough fluid to keep that kidney functioning.  Mom and I are both exhausted and hoping that the physicial therapists can get him rocking.  Still some confusion at times but with all he has been through it is no wonder.  Heck I am confused at times right now just from exhaustion.  As a nurse it is so frustrating for me to be waiting for others to get things done.  I just want to do it myself and get it done.......very hard for me.  I've aggrivated my neck again this week pulling and lifting with dad, but I can't let him be dirty and wait for someone else to take care of it, so I do it myself.  Mom is not able to move him by herself so we really need to get some strength back for him.  His room mate at the center is 98 years old and a sweet little fellow. 

Back to work today in the ER.  Hope you can get some quilting in sometime today.
Shelia

No comments: