Tuesday, September 11, 2012

My New Toy Has Arrived

I ordered a new toy for my quilting studio before I left on my trip to Florida.  It arrived last night.
 
Accuquilt Studio Cutter

I am so tickled.  I didn't think it would ever get here.  Just got it unpacked at 5 am this morning.  I did a quick test cut after Roger got it put together for me.  I used the 1.5-inch finished triangle die I purchased and cut out 80 triangles in about 5 seconds flat!!  YIPPIE.  Now I can't wait until the next Bonnie Hunter Mystery quilt.  No more having to try to finangle hundreds of triangles with the rotary cutter.  I have tons of die's to unpack and some that are still back ordered.  This should keep me cutting for a long time.

I ordered the accuquilt not only for me but so that mom could also cut pieces easier than using the rotary cutter.  I plan on getting some kits cut out for piecing Habitat For Humanity Quilts for our guild.  It should be a lot faster with the cutter.

Got to finish unpacking everything.....

Happy Quilting,
Shelia

3 comments:

The Slow Quilter said...

That is such a great buy, now I'm thinking that I send you my stuff and you can acu-cut my blocks. Of course for a small fee. :)

Gene Black said...

That is excellent. I don't have room for a Studio cutter so I have the GO! Cutter. I do find it handy especially for applique designs.

Debbie said...

Whoa! Great toy....know you will have a super time with it. I see lots of triangles in your future.