This is my bin of selvages that I started with.
I made a piece of fabric by sewing these scrap selvages together. I then fused wonder under fusible to the back of the new piece of fabric.
Now I used my Accuquilt Go Funky Flowers die to cut a flower out of that cute piece of "found fabric". Remember this is what would have been thrown away when someone cut pieces of a quilt.
As you can see there are several pieces that are cut when you use the die. I put fusible web on the back of the piece of fabric prior to cutting. Then after I cut the pieces I can put them in my pre-cut bin of fusible "things" to use on quilts.
This is the bin that I can go to when I need a little extra "something" on a quilt. I used the flower piece I cut to make this pincushion for the quilt show boutique and put the extra pieces in this bin to be used later. They are ready to be appliqued onto a project when needed.
I think the pincushion turned out cute. And I have more fun coming as my friend Suzanne brought me a bag full of selvages.Yeah for my bee friends, you rock!!