Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Working In Scraps

Scraps, Scraps, Scraps everywhere!

I have this large black collapsible laundry hamper that I put scraps into, and my bee girls put scraps into also.  

Every now and then I take some out, iron them and cut them with my Accuquilt Studio cutter into pieces to be used in scrap quilts. 

Today one of the dies I am using is the Go Tumbler die 3 1/2 inch.


It is a process but it is very therapeutic to touch, iron and cut those little pieces of fabric.  Actually, history is relived as I remember where and when I came across each piece of fabric.  After all of this I am rewarded with a wonderful assortment of tumblers that can be made into a beautiful scrap quilt.  

Bonnie Hunter ( Quiltville Blog) is having a tumbler leader-ender challenge on her blog this year.  This basket will be a good start.  After just a little while cutting I have over 300 tumblers cut out.  Happy, Happy, Happy girl!

Happy Quilting,
Shelia

2 comments:

julieQ said...

That is going to be a gorgeous quilt!!

Rosa said...

Your quilt be beautiful.Happy cutting and sewing!