Yesterday I showed how I used some selvage scraps to make a new piece of fabric, put fusible web on the back and cut it into a flower to use on a pincushion. I have used this bin of prefused fabric many times in the past to add that extra "little something" to a quilt.
This quilt originally started from the 1600 Jelly Roll Race pattern and when I finished sewing the strips together it I felt that it needed something extra and wanted to redesign the quilt. I picked some of the yellow flowers out of the bin and tossed them haphazardly onto the quilt and loved the water lily effect it had on the quilt.
I appliqued the flowers on the top and felt like I was viewing a calming pond, hence the name.
So this bin of prefused fabric shapes has a place in my quilt studio. I can mix and match the colors and shapes to make beautiful adornments to my quilts and projects. I have some of the selvage pieces also in this bin to make flowers and centers for upcoming projects.