Thursday, December 15, 2011

On The Second Day Of Christmas

I really think I like this twelve days of Christmas.  I really needed this uplift daily.

So....on this second Day of Christmas my true love gave to me..... a wonderful Taste of Home slow cooker cookbook.  I love the taste of home magazine ever since the first issue many years ago and recently have been using my slow cooker more and more, so this was a wonderful thing for Roger to have chosen.

Now on this second Day of Christmas I gave my true love.....Yaktrax Pro for his shoes.  Yes I want to keep my honey safe as he thrashes through the ice and snow this winter.  These you can keep in your pocket and put on your boots as you walk out into the winter weather.  (got me a pair for my shoes also as walking across parking lots or having to walk to work at the hospital during ice storms is one of the most treaturous events).  Don't really want to have to use these, but now we have them if needed.
I hope that you are beginning to get into the spirit of Christmas with all of the hussle and bussle going on right now.  Take a few minutes to enjoy the season and the blessings each of us have at this time.  

And of course I hope you get some time to quilt today.  I just visited Bonnie Hunter's blog and saw the cute little mug rug she pieced from her scraps.  I did some mug rugs recently as I was quilting another quilt in the long arm.  I like to put extra blocks and fat quarters either beside or below the quilt and use up the extra batting that is with the quilt I am doing.  It gives me alot of little quilted items that I can make into zippered bags, mug rugs etc.  The possibilities are endless.

Happy Quilting,
Shelia

No comments: