Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Extra Goodies

Ever have any practice blocks that you use to test patterns?  If so use them to make mug rugs.  These are four blocks that I had and quilted on the side while another was in the longarm.  I used the left over binding from my kaleidoscope quilt and now they are done.  You can use them as gifts or use them in your quilt guilds fund raisers.  I'll donate these to our quilt show sales.


The beauty of flowers never ceases to amaze me.  Here are some of the cala lillies, gorgeous deep purple flowers.



















And the tiger lillies are now blooming too, usually they don't bloom until later in the summer but this year they are giving me a beautiful show.
 Below is our son Rance and his wife Olivia.  Sure miss seeing them.  They live in Spokane Washington so we only get to see them every few years or so.  Maybe next year will be a better year without so much going on and we can plan a visit out west.


Next on my list of UFO's to complete is my cathedral window.  I am kicking it into high gear to get it done and into the quilt show THIS YEAR!!


Save the date......July 8th.  I am participating in the Red, White and Blue Blog Hop being hosted by Jane for Madame Sam.  I will be posting my block on July 8th.  I've been working on several options and now just need to decide which one I am going to use.


Braces update:  OUCH!!  I'm looking forward to when the pain stops......although losing 9 lbs since Thursday is a plus........I know it will get easier.....or so they tell me. 

Happy Quilting,
Shelia

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Yay for the blog hop....good for you. Lots of fun to do. Mug rugs look great!