Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Spending Time In My Quilting Studio

Today I decided that I needed some time to just chill out in my quilting studio.  I'm working on my block and project for the Red, White & Blue Blog Hop and having lots of fun.  I can't show you what I'm working on yet but I do have a tip for you.

Recently while shopping at the office supply store I found and purchased a wonderful addition to my studio.  Do you ever walk through those isles and see lots of things that are really meant for something else but you know you can use them for quilting?  This is used as a typist stand and I knew that I could use it in my studio.

Of course I purchased a pink one...hehe.  This is a metal stand with decorative cut outs on the edges.
 This view is from the back.
And this is what I am using it for.  When I am gathering supplies for a class or have to cut out pieces for a project I put the list here on this stand.  I can put it at the edge of my cutting mat and I don't keep covering my instructions up with fabric etc.  The two flowers are magnetic and hold your papers to the stand.  I also found the magnetic flowers in one of those $1 bins at the office supply store. 
Now to get back to working on my red, white and blue project.  Hope you find some time today to do what you love.
Happy quilting,
Shelia

No comments: