Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Contemplations

Everyday we are reminded how precious life really is.  All too often we take for granted the time we have with our friends and family.  As a nurse I frequently am with patients when they receive troubling news.  My prayers are often for them to have strength and courage to face the challenges ahead of them.  My friend Kim has received more troubling new this week and has huge hurdles ahead of her.  Yesterday was a difficult day as the anger phase of her news is here.  Her breast cancer has now invaded more bone and today she goes to the radiation oncologist to see what treatment is available for her.  Please keep her in your prayers that she can have the strength and courage needed to traverse the road ahead.

Now onward and upward we go........our guild challenge chairman announced our next challenge last night at our meeting.  the 2012 Triangle Quilt Challenge.  Our quilt can be any size we choose using half square and/or quarter square triangles in any design we want.  At least half of the quilt must be made of half or quarter square triangles.  We can have pieced or applique for the rest of the quilt.  The quilt must be started after October 10, 2011 and completed by our Septemer 2012 guild meeting.  This should be a good way to use up some stash fabrics or maybe scraps.......hummmmmmm, I have a lot of thinking to do on this one.

With my vacation over it is time to get back to the gym.  I meet with my trainer this morning before I head to work.  I should be good and tired by the time I do my hour and 20 minute workout and then go to work for 8 hours.  I should sleep good tonight.

I'm feeling a little old today, below is a picture from 2001 when my two oldest grand children and I did gingerbread houses.  I feel old today because Roger III will be 18 next week!  Haley will be 17 in January.  Just where does the time go?  We have done gingerbread houses every year since they were 2 & 3 years old.  How precious those times are, and how proud I am that at their age they still want to do them with me.  You can't buy that!

Life is good!  Hope you are able to get some quilting into your day today.
Shelia

No comments: