Saturday, January 7, 2012

Now Onto Tip 2 For Finishing UFO's


Today I am focusing on Pat's tip #2.  In this tip she helps you pick which UFO's to focus on finishing.  She warn's not to pick all of the group A's to finish as we might get bored......don't know if I would get bored finishing up some quilts but I will follow her directions here.
So here are her suggestions for UFO's to pick and concentrate on finishing.  Pick 3 to 10 projects from your groups to finish.
  • Pick one that is Fast to finish, I'm picking the yellow and brown braid quilt that is already loaded into the longarm.  I should be able to get this thing quilted, hopefully binding sewed on this weekend.  Maybe and just maybe I could have it completed and show at the guild meeting on Monday night during show & share.......hehehe.
  • Pick one that has a Current Deadline.  I'm picking the patriotic scrappy bargello for my cousin in memory of his dad.  The deadline is being set by me as I am not in any current round robins or such.  I want to be able to give him this quilt by March 1st.
  • Pick one you So Love working on. This will be the Roll, Roll Cotton Boll quilt that I pieced with my mom.  As aggrivating as it was to cut out all of those tiny pieces, I truly enjoyed the time we spent together piecing the blocks.  She finished hers and had it in our quilt show in October.  Now I just need to get mine done.
  • Pick one that is a Long Term project.  This definately has to be my cathedral window project.
  • Pick one or two that will be Gifts!!  The fishing themed quilt for our son & daughter-in-law will be the first one.
  • Pick one you Love and can finish easily.  The brown kaleidoscope blocks that I want to make into a table cover.
Happy Quilting,
Shelia

No comments: