Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Pat Sloan Is Coming......Pat Sloan Is Coming!

Pat Sloan is coming to our quilt guild in March and I am soooooo excited.  Mom and I are going to be taking both of the classes she is doing and having her for a lecture also.  What more can you ask for!  Our Vice President Susan has been doing an awesome job of getting speakers and teachers to our quild.  We have so many talented women and men in quilting today that our learning opportunities are endless.

On the Saturday March 10th Pat will be teaching her 6 hour workshop
"Wild and Free" - create quilts with personality  
Below is the quilt we will be making and I am so excited.
Her description of the class:
Learn Pat's tricks to "punch up" your applique quilt Mamas garden with pat sloanbackgrounds. No more neutral tan or beige backings.  Bring on the Color and the pattern to make your quilts sing! Pat's classic and popular "Mama's Garden" is the project quilt.  Then we will spend the day making the most spectacular background for your applique.

For the Sunday afternoon March 11th  Pat will be teaching "The Magic of EASY Machine Appliqué" - draw, cut, machine stitch, so easy anyone can do it!
Her description of this class:
Fast, Fun and you learn ALL of Pat's tips for makingLittle blue bird project soft fusible appliqué! In class you will create a sample to test  your stitching. She walks you through each step of the appliqué process, from cutting to getting a great size blanket stitch on your machine.  For your project select "Little Blue Bird" or your "Wild and Free" project (if your group is having both workshops).
Then on Monday March 12th at our guild meeting she will be doing a lecture and trunk show.  That will be an awesome weekend in March......what a great birthday month that will be.

Tomorrow morning at 6:45 a.m. I am having my MRI done.  Hopefully we will have some answers with the results of this test.  I've spent part of today sorting through stuff in my quilting studio and organizing some of my scraps. 

Hope you were able to do some quilting today....if not, maybe tomorrow.  I am now off for the next five days and I do plan on getting some quilting done. 

Happy quilting,
Shelia

2 comments:

PatSloan said...

I am excited to meet everyone!

Shelia said...

Pat, we are so excited that you are coming to our guild. My 76 year old mother will also be taking your classes with me. Safe travels this year.
Shelia